So we heard alot of things about this desert safari. It's one of those 'must-do's in Dubai and so George and I decided that we ought to give it a shot. So, based on what I read on the internet and brochures, I imagined camel rides in the desert, belly dancers (plural), real arabian coffee or tea, in a truly rustic/traditional setting.
I guess, for a very commercialised tourist activity, my expectations were a little bit too high. It was an interesting outing nonetheless. And here are some photos to share.
1. Posing with the landcruiser. We were in a group of 8 cars. About 6 - 7 passengers in each car.

2. One of the activities on the desert safari was what they call 'sand-surfing'. So we sit on this snowboard and 'surf' down this steep sand slope.

3. Pic of the sand dunes taken from the landcruiser.

4. Sunset in the desert... beautiful innit?

5. George & I on a short 5 minute camel ride. It was freezing cold and the warmth from the camel was comforting to say the least.

6. The belly dancer (singular)...

7. George & I with the falcons..

8. Erin & I seated at the low tables with cushions... waiting for the bbq dinner to be served

9. Cosy lamps like these light up the tent..
2 comments:
wow! never realized you had such high expectations for that trip. I have learnt to travel without expectations as i have been disappointed many times by the tourist commercialism.
oh well.. one cldnt help hvg high expectations in a place that incited the term "Arabian Nights"..
Post a Comment